4.21.2010

7am in the Garden

I'm trying to become an early riser. The bedroom window is always cracked so I can hear the the birds in the morning. They start singing around 5:45am. A neighbor says she hears the woodpecker at 4:30am. My zen clock is set for 5:28am, but I'm gonna set it even earlier...5:14am to account for the 15 minutes sleeping in. This also means going to bed earlier, by 10:30pm. Seeing the sun rise and getting up with the birds and squirrels is a great way to begin the day, and I accomplish so much more with those extra hours.

This morning I have mammoth sunflower seeds to plant. And this weekend, seeds to begin our organic veggie garden.

*New bears* are also budding in my studio, stay tuned!

3 comments:

iHanna said...

Happy Spring time! Beautiful photos. And great plan to wake early. I always think it sounds nice, but I'm a night person, hehe. In the mornings I like to sleep.

becca jo said...

are you a nap person? there's nothing better than an afternoon outside nap with birdies chirping all around...

Peng Peng said...

becca....with a high SPF sunscreen of course :)