1.01.2010

It's a Family Affair

Has everyone recovered today? :) I began feeling human after my second pot of coffee. And I only had ONE Mai Tai! And we were in bed by 11pm! Call me a lightweight. We celebrated New Years last night with a low-key dinner at our favorite Chinese restaurant, which happens to be 3 minutes from our house. It's a family style restaurant with a tiki-atmosphered secret back room (I like to think it's a secret) complete with rattan lamps, cozy seating and twinkling lights. This place reminds me a lot of the restaurant my family owned when I was a little Pengy. Imagine me up on a step stool deep frying egg rolls, and bringing out little saucers of duck sauce and mustard to the guests. I learned customer service very early on ;) These are some pics from the scanned slides my dad saved, circa late 1970's-early 80's:

My aunt Li-Hua, Kung Kung (grandpa, the chef), and mom

the interior of Kung Kung's Chinese restaurant. A taste of home :)

Wishing you the best 2010, and many fortune cookies!

1 comment:

Kingfisher Farm said...

Oh I bet the food was fabulous!!