11.19.2009

A Month To Be Thankful


Great news! Frankie has found a loving forever home!!

Thanks to networking on Facebook with friends (and friends of friends), my goal of finding him the purrfect home before Thanksgiving was achieved. Thank you Facebook! (see, it's not always a waste of time ;o)

I have the pleasure of fostering Frankie 'til next week, allowing the new parents time to prepare their home for this amazing cat. I'm relieved, thankful, happy, and yes, sad. It will be bittersweet to say good-bye to Frankie: I will miss his 11 lb hugs, his big paw squeezes around my finger, cat kiss licks on my nose (and face, hand, arm), his excited meows when I open the door, our obstacle-course play sessions chasing toys, seeing his silhouette behind the window curtain at night, and without saying.. his bluer than blue eyes. As any foster parent will attest, it's very hard not to become attached, it's even hard for me to write this. But I remind myself that I set out to help as many cats as possible, to prevent more kittens being born as healthy animals are euthanized every day waiting for homes in shelters or at animal control.

Finding Frankie, or Frankie finding me, has brought joy and light and spirit into my heart and home. Cats have a special way of doing that :) It's a blessing to bring Frankie and his new parents together- to share life and that deep, unique bond that forms with furry companions. To be even a small part of Frankie's life, and he in mine, is something I will always cherish.

November, I am thankful.

4 comments:

Brenda said...

I am so glad Frankie will have a loving, forever home - all animals deserve at least that much! He's a beauty, that's for sure.

Brenda

Unknown said...

Wow YOU DID IT!! Frankie is one lucky crooner!!

Archie and Melissa said...

hi pp!

oh frankie is so lucky to have found you. you saved him!

you have a heart of gold my friend!

xoxoxo
m & e

Folksie Linda said...

You did it! That is so wonderful although i know it was hard for you.. you are just like me with those cats! They are so lucky to have you..we all are!