4.18.2009

Bye Bye Chain Link Fence!

Hallelujah! The chain link fence is coming down! How I've waited for this moment since the day we moved into our house 1 1/2 years ago. The weeds sandwiched between the neighbors fence and our chain link was driving us nuts. So now free of the offending eyesore (at least on one side of the yard) we can commence planting our mini prairie. Today I used water for the first time from our overflowing water barrel~ and how the clean water flowed excitedly from the little spout.. as if it couldn't wait to be of some use :O) I admit I felt a bit like a giddy pioneer woman with my large water pitcher, turning and watering the compost bin. Such simple pleasures.

Tomorrow we're heading to the nursery to pick out clematis for the cedar lattice we're attaching to the garage. Spring fever has officially begun :)

Have a delightful weekend, and hopefully a plant-y one!

4 comments:

Kingfisher Farm said...

Hey! If you want some zebra grass, say the word, I have some iris to split and divide too. Pam

Mare said...

Beautiful fence! I bought some new clematis last year at the Farmer's market and it is coming back. I have some ancient ones in the front yard too. Love that stuff!

Sandra Evertson said...

Oh, I love your new Clay babies! And that little Marshmallow Peanutte is Fabulous!
Sandra Evertson

Peng Peng said...

so much for planting today.. it's rain rain rain for next 3 days!!

and thanks Sandra, so flattered you like my clay sculptures and bear!