Okay, enough about my Swiss Miss. In my studio I came across a tiny jar filled with 1" pins, and a solitary 1.5" pin. Just thought it interesting how I can recall how/ when I got each pin, so I will bore you with it here:
- Busy Beaver Buttons: came with my pin set I ordered from them. Chicago's finest!
- Stay Analog: if you know what's good for you. Given to me by Elliot (or "Uncle Elliot" as my cats knew him when he cat-sat for us), a sound engineer/ drummer for these guys and notable others.
- Lula: from the cafe. They have a portion of a wall covered in pins!
- Powered by Tofu: I ordered from Peta
- 65 Grand: from a friends art opening at the art gallery
- Love me, don't eat me: again Peta
- Dead Moon: if you know who they are, we have a lot in common. Got it at their show
- Pierced Arrows: if you know who they are, we really have a lot in common! From their show
- Jens Jensen: I jumped for joy (mentally) when I saw these pins here. I love JJ! The proceeds of the pin purchase went to some botanical charity.
- Nerves: my husband gave to me (his former band. Our bands is how we met :)
- a bunny rabbit: an (unknown to me) artist designed button from Button-O-Matic dispenser at Lula (see #3).
- the Red Romance: Herschel is/ was lead guitarist. We go waaay back from our Philly days. He invited me & hubs when he was in town opening for the Killers at this huge place in 2007. I rarely go to arena shows (let alone, in heels), but this was an exception.
- the Red Romance again.
I wonder what happened to my enormo Duran Duran pin collection from the 80's? Yikes, did I say that? A girls gotta start somewhere. Hey, and speaking of.. here's a good place to start :)
Have a nice Sunday evening! I'm thinking hot cocoa (I AM going to the gym tomorrow) and that Bette Davis Netflix sounds about right.