6.18.2008

the Last Full Moon of Spring

What a poetic sky. I took this picture 2 nights ago. When the moon looks like this, it's what Rob & I call a "Ryder Moon", in reference to one of our favorite 19th century American painters, Albert Pinkham Ryder.

Albert Pinkham Ryder- Siegfried and the Rhine Maidens, 1888/1891

This was the moon yesterday evening, it shined low and heavy over the green graveyard. The fullness of the moon was just impossible to capture (especially with my little digital camera) but it's one of those things you try anyways :O)


...and a familiar face around my neck of the woods. Deer remind me of my cat, as strange as that may sound; lean, leggy, gentle, quiet creatures :)

Take in all the beauty there is during these last days of spring, and behold the coming of Summer!

3 comments:

Kingfisher Farm said...

Beautiful! It's hard to believe you have so much green in the city. Pam

Archie and Melissa said...

wonderful photos pp! they are magical and just kind of pull you there in their light.
have a great weekend!
:) melissa

theresa said...

I love full moons!