4.15.2009

Digger from Down Under

Guess what? I'm playing hostess for an entire month to a teeny little fella all the way from Australia. His name is Digger. The chronicles of this globe trotting teddy will be the feature story in an Australian teddy bear magazine. He is to spend a month living with a teddy bear artist, have the highlights of his visit recorded, and then be forwarded on to another (willing) bear artist. When Art Rogers asked if I would like to take care of Digger, well.. how could I say no? So Digger made the hop from Missouri to the Windy City.

It's okay little fella.. you're in Chicago now. Better keep your coat on a bit longer.. it's chilly for springtime.

Digger travels safely inside his Aussie cardboard tube (within a shipping box of course). That's about all I can say for now, the rest will be documented in the forthcoming article. It will be a hoot to see all the places tiny Digger has been!

xoxo

5 comments:

Kingfisher Farm said...

How Fun what I want to know is, does he like cheese pizza?!!! Pam

Peng Peng said...

u mean deep dish?

Chyrls Origami said...

Peng Peng, I love the story on your new visitor! Its very heart warming to see you playing host to an Aussie bear.

I was living where Digger came from and he sure has travelled a long way to Chicago!

G'day, Digger. ~Chyrl

Archie and Melissa said...

hi pp!
oh how fun! i cannot wait to hear about his adventures with you!
xoxox
melissa

Karen said...

Oh my gosh, this little Digger is adorable. How fun for him to be with you and meet your little bears. I hope the sock monkeys don't scare him.
Have fun.