11.25.2009

Farewell Frankie, Hello Bootsy

One final belly-rub....

and a snuggle kiss...

before saying farewell last night to the-Cat-formerly-known-as-Frankie, renamed Bootsy.

There were inevitable tears and hugs as I handed Bootsy over to his new parents, and seeing them again reassured me that I couldn't have wished for better people or a better home.
So *Thank You* Allison + Jason for adopting this wonderful cat! What a special Thanksgiving it will be :)

~~~~~~~~~~
Now to turn my attention to the cookery!

We will be celebrating life with my traditional homemade veggie feast:

"Nutloaf" (substitute with almonds since I'm allergic to tree nuts)
Tofurkey deli slices (heated and topped with the Nutloaf)
garlic mashed potatoes
whole cranberry sauce
sweet yams
green bean casserole
mushroom gravy
mixed green salad
apple pie
(hope I didn't leave anything out?)
~~~~~~~~~~

The nice thing is, after all this cooking is done I can relax and have leftovers the next day (or so)!


♥ May your Thanksgiving be filled with warmth, love, and things to be thankful for. ♥
thinking of you all, xoxo

5 comments:

Archie and Melissa said...

hi pp!
oh you saved bootsy! he is so lucky to have you in his life!

your thanksgiving feast sounds wonderful!

xoxoxo
m & e

Tiny Ribbons Studio said...

Parting is such sweet sorrow.

I am so happy and sad at the same time for you both, Pengy! I am touched by your pictures of "Frankie" with you. What comes to mind when I see them is a little quote I came across a few weeks ago:

"I love you in colors that do not exist."

I am sure he will miss you. And that breaks my heart a little bit, but things happen for a reason. He may be just what his new family needs right now.

I love my cats so much it hurts sometimes (I am having a hard time seeing the computer screen through my tears as I type this to you). I know how important their connection to my life is to me. I wish that for "Frankie's" new family.

Thank you for caring enough to find him a home. And for making yourself available to his new family. What a wonderful gift.

*-,-*

Happy Thankful Day to you.

Kingfisher Farm said...

Happy Thanksgiving! What a great reason to be thankful!!

Peng Peng said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you guys!!

Bootsy is doing wonderfully with his new family and cozy home :) And that gives me peace of mind.

Folksie Linda said...

What a wonderful thing you did by finding him a home Peng Peng!! That is something to be really thankful for.. hope your holiday was great!