11.24.2008

Tagged, Eats & Weekend Treats

Charlie Chaplin in City Lights: the closing scene of the greatest film of all time.

Hope you had an enjoyable weekend! Mine was pretty good, the most social I've had in a long while. Friday evening I picked up hubby from work downtown (gallery district), actually found a parking spot, and we popped in for the opening reception at Judith Saslow, and a few other galleries. Then treated to the most deeelish vegan dinner at Karyn's Cooked. I love places where I can order anything on the menu, thankfully Chicago has a few of them!
Again we hopped downtown Saturday night for a holiday party that had plenty of red velvet cake and assorted indulgences, while catching up with some friends.

Sunday was all about house projects (well, really every day is more or less), mowing the lawn, falafels, and I made some decent progress cleaning/ organizing/ rearranging my studio (including a good part of Saturday in there too). My enormo fabric stash was completely out-of-control and I'm proud to report it's been neatly tamed and contained. Four-milk-crates-full is my stash limit, what doesn't fit must go. One of these days I will do that studio tour Part II. Promise!

Now, for the tagged part. A few days ago, Mare (fellow Ghandi fan) was nice to mention/ tag me in her blog. Here are the rules:

1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Post the rules on your blog.
3. Write six random things about yourself.
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5. Let each person know they have been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

Ok, 6 random things about me:

I'm half Asian (my mom's side). My mom is deaf, so I was raised learning sign language rather than Chinese. This is a large part of why I appreciate silent films, it is universal~ beyond language barriers. Charlie Chaplin is my favorite actor/ director/ writer. I don't watch TV at all, only DVD's and movies. Even though I don't watch TV anymore, I am sad to see analog broadcasts go.

I'm breaking the rules here with only 5 tagged, cos some I wanted to tag been tagged already! Now it's their turn :)
Pam, Linda, Theresa, Danita, Vivianne

~ 'til next time... xoxo ~

3 comments:

Danita said...

Fun facts!
Thanks a lot for tagging me!

Archie and Melissa said...

hi pp!

i like your new blog background!
what a great post!
xo
m & e

theresa said...

I have done your bidding, Master.

Hey, thanks for fixing my photo too. And random fact about my hubby--he LOVES Charlie Chaplin as well. HUGE FAN. That's an interesting tidbit about your Mom--thanks for sharing.
;-)